|She's ready to go!|
My first step is getting my go-to supplies:
- Accordion Folder
- Clipboard and Pad-folio combo (Target sells them for about $12 and they are awesome multi-taskers)
- Two pens, different colors (I use black and red)
- Coffee, Coffee, Coffee!!!!
Secondly, I always have a calendar and utilize a schedule but in a move
|He's such a goof...|
Next, is my reminder list for my Utilities. If possible, print it front and back to make it easier on yourself. I write down the companies as we remember them, call them, write down if we are getting a deposit back, even if they are coming to either house for anything and on what day. The best part is it is all on one sheet and my Hubby knows where to find it when he needs to do the bills come payday. Just remember to keep the latest bills in your Accordion File so even if you are not settled in to the new house you can still stay on track and not get penalized for late payments.
**Side note: always keep your utility companies programmed into your phone to make it easier to pay or solve an issue. If your pay online, bookmark the page. As well, keep a list of your account numbers and PW's for your significant other in a safe location. That way if something happens and someone needs to assist you with that part of your day it will be less stressful.
|Pick your battles during a move people.|
Pick your battles.
- Important Family Documents (to keep them safe in the move)
- Bills, to make paying easier
- Separating money: get cash for your cleaners, sitters, etc and put them in separate files with notes for an easier day. that way no matter who is taking care of that "chore" it is laid out and can't be messed up due to stress or mis-communication.
- Paperwork from the movers
Lastly, for my family is food. I always shop on payday and normally cook every night. When we move though I try to empty the fridge as much as possible so I change how I shop. We go to a lot of munchies and sandwiches and purposefully build in a few days for take-out. Don't forget that most likely you won't be shopping for a few days after the move as well so plan for that as well. Take-out, freezer meals, sandwiches, etc...to get you through. If you have a grill - use it! And don't forget your paper plates :)
|Take a moment to just let it all out!|
Jules & Hubby